moderated Re: Kitchen games for the blind

Richard Turner

After a better link for Jim’s games was posted, I removed them from my site and now have the link to the Audio Games Archive instead where if you look for Kitchensinc on that page you will find it.

His game can be downloaded individually from there or the entire 37 game package which includes his more X rated content.

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loreal Lavigna
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 5:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kitchen games for the blind
Importance: High

I was sorry to read on here of Jim Kitchen’s passing.  I had all of his games on an old laptop some years back, but as that laptop is no longer usable I’ve had to restore the games to my newer system.

I remember downloading the games from Jim years ago and emailing with him some back then with a myriad of questions.  I always found him smart, ready to answer a question if I had it, and a great sense of humor too at least that’s what I remember from then.

Thank you for sharing the link.  I’m going to look at the site and find the links to download in a bit.  Time to get my daughter up and ready for her morning routine.

Sincerely,

Loreal Lavigna

General, Legal, Medical Transcriptionist

Phone:  (518)330-5188

E-Mail:  LorealLavigna@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kitchen games for the blind

I considered Jim a friend and we played chess via email for years.

I know he was committed to keeping his games free.

Something is going on where the site that compiled his games is located that has caused them to suspend their web site because some one or other is wanting people to have to pay for things hosted on that site.

So, I found the KitchenSyncCompleteSetup exe file that I had downloaded in 2015.

I put it on my site in a zip file to make it easier to download.

It is on the Games page off my web site.

Go to this link to find the zip file and download it.

Accessible Games (turner42.com)

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 7:49 PM
To: JFW Listserve <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Kitchen games for the blind

I know that Jim Kitchen has passed away and I am sorry of his passing. I have enjoyed his games for many years. I am changing to a new computer and wanted to put the games from his site on my new computer. However when I went to his site to download the games that I have been using I found that there are no longer links to download the games. I am looking to find a resource to download games that I use to get from Kitchen games. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.