From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Norton
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Download alerts with Edge

Hi Bill:

No, I did get the note, and I am glad you told me what I could do, just in case I had no solution.  However, it didn’t actually answer my question.  I am well aware of the CTRL+J thing, but, what I wanted to know was why the alerts stopped being spoken.  As you can see, this was adequately answered by someone at Vispero who told me about the change, which none of you, were aware of, apparently.  Please understand, this is no reflection of any of you folks.  When something on my computer suddenly stops working as I am used to, I go and investigate the issue.  I try to fix it, and I investigate what is happening, and, I ask questions, until I figure out why things have changed.  I even restored my Windows backup, to see if Edge had changed, and, that’s what I concluded, since, after an update, the alerts stopped being spoken by JAWS.  Edge updates itself, and you may or may not know it when it happens.  Vispero just confirmed what I suspected and explained the change in more detail.

Thanks again.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10