moderated Re: capsha

leonard morris

Never thought of that that’s a good idea

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Angel <angel238@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2021 3:03:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: capsha

I find listening to audio captias using headphones is the best way to understand them.  I have never gone  wrong using headphones.  When working on my computer. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 11:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: capsha

I read your entire post completely. And responded to exactly what you said. You said the days of captures that were just words were long gone and that's not true and you also said they now have alternatives for that make them accessible and that is also not true because have to time you can't understand what they're saying or such a strange combination of words by the time you type it in it's wrong so I responded to everything you said correctly.

Randy Barnett

On Apr 24, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 03:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

And their capture is totally in accessible there was absolutely no way for a blind person to do it.

-
Randy, it would be really helpful if you actually bothered to read what I wrote, and respond to that, rather than doing what you do.

I said, and I quote, "a lot have audio challenges and other options to make them accessible if they are visually based."  That doesn't say or imply all.

And, by the way, even with mild high frequency hearing loss I am, without looking at the screen (which is what you so often demand), able to solve the vast majority of audio challenges.  I have to deal with more background noise and garbling in real life than these things generally present.  There is the occasional one that's awful, and when that's the case I suggest activating the control that gives you an alternative challenge.  That's something else that most captchas have had as an option for many years now, too.

There is no perfect system, and since computers cannot easily produce any sensory output other than auditory or visual, with a tiny bit of tactile/haptic thrown in, I imagine that security challenges will remain primarily visual and/or auditory.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.