moderated Re: capsha

leonard morris

When it comes to audio captcha the kind I really find totally unaccessible is when the person is saying words but there is a lot of spoken audio in the background.

On 4/25/2021 11:06 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Randy Barnett

On Apr 24, 2021, at 1:48 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021Well it's great you can figure them out most of th well it's great you can figure them out most of the time but for many of us blind people actually have to use them I don't have a choice it's really really a sore subject for us. I'm not the only one who has trouble with the audio challenges most of us do… at 03:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Behringer you have to register first. And their capture is totally in accessible there was absolutely no way for a blind person to do it.
-
By the way, you should scream bloody murder at them over this.  They actually use BotDetect CAPTCHA, which follows accessibility practices outlined by WCAG and Section 508, but Behringer has elected to omit the button to speak/announce the CAPTCHA text.  If you (or anyone) wants to play with BotDetect CAPTCHAs then go to the BotDetect CAPTCHA Demo Page, which does include both the Change the CAPTCHA Code and Speak the CAPTCHA Code buttons.  These are built-in features that, from all appearances, Behringer (or I should say community.musictribe.com, since that's the actual site Behringer is using for their account registry) has intentionally removed that button from the CAPTCHA.

I sometimes have to change the captcha code if there are several sound-alike letters right in a row in a given code, but when there are not I can get the code on the first (usually) or second listening, depending on the length of the CAPTCHA itself, without having seen those characters.  It also depends on exactly which Sound Style is being used, too.  To listen to those, go to the BotDetect Accessibility Demand for Audio CAPTCHA page, and search for the link entitled, Dispatch.  It's the first sound style in a series of 12, and some of them are much easier for me to understand than others are (which I'm sure is the general idea).  When I change the CAPTCHA code on the demo page it generally has a different sound style than the last one did, but not absolutely always.

           ~ André Gide