From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 4:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: capsha

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 03:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Behringer you have to register first. And their capture is totally in accessible there was absolutely no way for a blind person to do it.

-
By the way, you should scream bloody murder at them over this.  They actually use BotDetect CAPTCHA, which follows accessibility practices outlined by WCAG and Section 508, but Behringer has elected to omit the button to speak/announce the CAPTCHA text.  If you (or anyone) wants to play with BotDetect CAPTCHAs then go to the BotDetect CAPTCHA Demo Page, which does include both the Change the CAPTCHA Code and Speak the CAPTCHA Code buttons.  These are built-in features that, from all appearances, Behringer (or I should say community.musictribe.com, since that's the actual site Behringer is using for their account registry) has intentionally removed that button from the CAPTCHA.

I sometimes have to change the captcha code if there are several sound-alike letters right in a row in a given code, but when there are not I can get the code on the first (usually) or second listening, depending on the length of the CAPTCHA itself, without having seen those characters.  It also depends on exactly which Sound Style is being used, too.  To listen to those, go to the BotDetect Accessibility Demand for Audio CAPTCHA page, and search for the link entitled, Dispatch.  It's the first sound style in a series of 12, and some of them are much easier for me to understand than others are (which I'm sure is the general idea).  When I change the CAPTCHA code on the demo page it generally has a different sound style than the last one did, but not absolutely always.

           ~ André Gide