moderated Re: capsha

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 03:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
And their capture is totally in accessible there was absolutely no way for a blind person to do it.
-
Randy, it would be really helpful if you actually bothered to read what I wrote, and respond to that, rather than doing what you do.

I said, and I quote, "a lot have audio challenges and other options to make them accessible if they are visually based."  That doesn't say or imply all.

And, by the way, even with mild high frequency hearing loss I am, without looking at the screen (which is what you so often demand), able to solve the vast majority of audio challenges.  I have to deal with more background noise and garbling in real life than these things generally present.  There is the occasional one that's awful, and when that's the case I suggest activating the control that gives you an alternative challenge.  That's something else that most captchas have had as an option for many years now, too.

There is no perfect system, and since computers cannot easily produce any sensory output other than auditory or visual, with a tiny bit of tactile/haptic thrown in, I imagine that security challenges will remain primarily visual and/or auditory.

           ~ André Gide