moderated Re: Orbit Reader 40 review? Thoughts?
There has been a lot of discussion about it on the Orbit Reader list of course.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I will write something up for AppleVis at some point soon.
But, starting from physical comparisons.
1. It is no louder while refreshing.
2. The keys are louder than those on the 20.
3. The keys are laid out more like you would expect from other displays, in that the 8 dots are kind of fanned out ergonomically. So unlike the 20, dots 7 and 8 are very comfortable for your little fingers to land on.
4. The space bar is on a slightly angled lip at the front, then the braille cells, then the keyboard.
5. there are cursor routing buttons above each cell.
6. It has a USB slot so you can use a thumb drive for alternate storage.
On my web site, I have samples of the alarm sounds under the heading Orbit Research information.
I really like the display. Like the 20, it is the best feeling braille of any display.
You do have to install a driver to run it with JAWS so it emulates the Vario Ultra 40. Vispero says it is up to Orbit Research to fix the driver ...
But it works great with Jaws, or NVDA.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
On Apr 22, 2021, at 2:46 PM, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@...> wrote: