moderated Re: Slack and JAWS?

John Covici

I can never open a link in the iphone app, how do you do that?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:32:16 -0400,
Abraham Sweiss wrote:

For me, the iPhone app is more accessible and easier to use except for all the steps they make you take to open up a link.

For the desktop i use slack app which has a lot of built in shortcut keys.

Thanks,abraham

On Apr 21, 2021, at 1:30 AM, John Covici <covici@ccs.covici.com> wrote:

It hardly works with the iphone app, with the computer its somewhat
better, but still a pita, particularly if you have several channels
and if you need to look at posts older than a day or two. One thing I
have found is to hit enter on links that say opens in a new tab. I
don't know whether Jaws says that or Edge but that seems to help some.

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:33:56 -0400,
Taylor Durrett wrote:

Yes it’s accessible. The only thing I seem to have trouble with is opening links that gets sent through there. At least I’ve had trouble doing that with my iPhone. Does anyone know how to do that, open links in Slack?
On Apr 20, 2021, at 5:22 PM, Abraham Sweiss <abrahamsweiss8@gmail.com> wrote:

It is accessible.
I use it on a daily basis.
You may wanna do a search for slack shortcut keys to at least become a little familiar with it.

Thanks,abraham

On Apr 20, 2021, at 5:34 PM, James Homuth <james@the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hey folks,

I have a job interview coming up, but they use Slack as their platform of choice. It’s a text interview, which explains probably why MS Teams is out. How useable/accessible is Slack with JAWS? Anything I need to know before going in? If it helps, I’m on latest version. Thanks in advance.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com