moderated Re: Slack and JAWS?

James Homuth

That’s a thing I’ve noticed with 2021, and it’s not just with Slack—I get it in Discord as well. My trick is to alt tab away from the window and then back.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: April 20, 2021 6:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Slack and JAWS?

Yes, I use it daily in my job as well.  If you arrow around the screen, I think there are a lot of unnecessary buttons, etc. that get read, but maybe I could customize JAWS to work better with it.

I don’t know if you will have this issue, but sometimes if I try to navigate to the edit box where you type in a message using the “E” key, it actually types the “E” at the start of my message instead of finding the edit field.  So I have gotten in the habit of listening for that and erasing it once I am in the edit field.

Good luck,

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abraham Sweiss via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 6:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Slack and JAWS?

It is accessible.

I use it on a daily basis.

You may wanna do a search for slack shortcut keys to at least become a little familiar with it.

Thanks,abraham 

On Apr 20, 2021, at 5:34 PM, James Homuth <james@...> wrote:

Hey folks,

I have a job interview coming up, but they use Slack as their platform of choice. It’s a text interview, which explains probably why MS Teams is out. How useable/accessible is Slack with JAWS? Anything I need to know before going in? If it helps, I’m on latest version. Thanks in advance.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.