moderated Re: Slack and JAWS?

James Homuth

That’s a thing I’ve noticed with 2021, and it’s not just with Slack—I get it in Discord as well. My trick is to alt tab away from the window and then back.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: April 20, 2021 6:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Slack and JAWS?

Yes, I use it daily in my job as well.  If you arrow around the screen, I think there are a lot of unnecessary buttons, etc. that get read, but maybe I could customize JAWS to work better with it.

I don’t know if you will have this issue, but sometimes if I try to navigate to the edit box where you type in a message using the “E” key, it actually types the “E” at the start of my message instead of finding the edit field.  So I have gotten in the habit of listening for that and erasing it once I am in the edit field.

Good luck,

Pam