From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 2:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: if you were getting a new computer.

And for 98% of people even your computer is over-spect. As Brian pointed out, most users get buy with something quite basic and therre is little reason why most people should spend more than $800 or $1,000 on a computer. I personally am very fond of very small form factor Mini PC's for my retail store, I especially like the HP EliteDesk 800 series, I think current is maybe the G4 or G5. These are about 7 inches square and a couple inches thick, they can take I think up to 32 Gb of RAM where 8 or 16 is more than enough for most and they can take a couple of SSD's if you think you need more than one. Again, I think money is better spend on a computer with a 512 Gb SSD and if you want reliable storage invest in a 2or 4 disk NAS like a Synology 218+ or, this is the one I have for my business, a 918+. Put in whichever size drive you need, there is little point in having 12 Tb of storage if all you ever need is 2 or 3 Tb. Don't buy a cruise ship if all you need is a canoe.