moderated Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

Dave Durber

Gezim:

You should ask your friend what they did to solve the problem just in case it happens again.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

Hello all,

I feel obliged to inform you that a sighted friend of mine fixed the issue for me, I think by doing something under Disk Management.

I sincerely thank you all for all your efforts to help me!

With all best wishes,

Gezim

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: e diel, 11 prill 2021 23:43
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Brian:

Every hard drive I have purchased which is to be used as an internal drive, I have had to Ppartition and format, which, touch wood, I have not had to do, with any external USB storage device.

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2021 3:14 AM

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:05 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I have not heard of a disk being sold without formatting since 3.5 inch diskettes

-
You young whippersnapper!   What about 5.25" floppy diskettes?  What about 8" floppy diskettes!

[By the way, you still can get internal drives that are uninitiaized.  But that's a different kettle of fish than any removable media.]

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

There are many who labor under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built. Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

~Brian Vogel

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.