moderated Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

my post the very first response to this question was to do exactly what is friend did.  go to diss manager look for the drive and assign a drive letter, initialize or format as needed. That's what was required to fix his issue. strange how much flack I got for that statement… LOL :-)

Randy Barnett

On Apr 19, 2021, at 2:51 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Gezim,

That’s great that your new external hard disk is now being recognized and working as expected. Considering the wealth of responses that were provided to your post, it would be nice if in the future you get more resolution details from whoever helps you so you could share them with the list.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gezim Rexha
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 4:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

Hello all,

I feel obliged to inform you that a sighted friend of mine fixed the issue for me, I think by doing something under Disk Management.

I sincerely thank you all for all your efforts to help me!

With all best wishes,

Gezim

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: e diel, 11 prill 2021 23:43
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Brian:

Every hard drive I have purchased which is to be used as an internal drive, I have had to Ppartition and format, which, touch wood, I have not had to do, with any external USB storage device.

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2021 3:14 AM

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:05 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I have not heard of a disk being sold without formatting since 3.5 inch diskettes

-
You young whippersnapper!   What about 5.25" floppy diskettes?  What about 8" floppy diskettes!

[By the way, you still can get internal drives that are uninitiaized.  But that's a different kettle of fish than any removable media.]

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

There are many who labor under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built. Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

~Brian Vogel

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.