Re: Which version of Microsoft Teams works better with JAWS?

Jason White

The desktop version is working well for me with JAWS 2021. I haven’t noticed any accessibility issues recently with Microsoft Teams.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shan Noyes
Sent: Sunday, 18 April 2021 15:12
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Which version of Microsoft Teams works better with JAWS?

hi i am a jaws user and have been using teams with my job for almost 2 years.  it works fine with speechand the desktop client.  jaws 2021 has scripts for it.  i used  doug lee's scripts for a while but when jaws

2021  came out with scripts i stopped using them.

the teams screen is a little different.the best way to learn it is listen to the webinars from microsoft and the 2 from freedom.

when starting to Learn teams i found it best to stick to the chat area. accessed with control 2 the other thing to keep

in Mind is the teams group area orks a little different from the chat area.

anyways I will write you with more hints tomorfrom my computer rather then trying to type in via a braille keyboard.  have a good day.  row

D    SentSent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2021, at 7:31 PM, Vaughan Dodd <vdodd001@...> wrote:

Hi Kevin.

Web interface might give you more success.

I have not used the app.

I have had a brief look at the app on my phone – so not a Jaws topic of itself – and found it very unhelpful.

For Jaws people, Teams is easier to work with if you have a braille display. The configuration that I have has the web based interface divided into several tabs which you arrow between. Once in a tab, you tab between elements.

To start off with, I would encourage an training to be in the same physical room – you and trainer together.

Vaughan.