moderated Re: zoom equipment.

David Diamond

I just went to Amazon to pick up my USB sound mixer when I wanted separation between JAWS and the Zoom audio.  Mind you, I picked it up months ago or even in 019.  I’ve used it for so long I can’t remember. Oh, yes, you definitely have to assign the JAWS to whatever device you plug into your computer and if using a dongle with a headphone jack, plug in headphones before assigning JAWS to it.   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: April 17, 2021 6:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: zoom equipment.

Just Google or Amazon search USB sound adapter and you will find several of these.

On 4/7/2021 7:19 PM, Ernest H Molina wrote:

Do you per chance have the company name and email contact for the maker of the unit you are describing?

Ernie Molina

ehmolina@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 9:02 AM

Yes,  For around $12 on Amazon, you can get a little USB dongle that has a microphone and headphone jack.  Just plug it into any USB port then after it installs, press JAWS key + J to get to the JAWS context menu.  Down Arrow to the Utilities Sub menu, Right Arrow and Down Arrow to Sound Cards Sub Menu.  Right arrow and Down Arrow to the new sound card and hit Enter to select it as your new JAWS sound card.  Be sure that you plug in an ear bud or head phones to the correct jack on the dongle, because  as soon as you hit enter on the sound card, JAWS will instantly switch to this device and stop coming through your speakers.  Now, you will only hear your windows sounds and Zoom participants in your speakers and only you will hear JAWS in your ear.  To adjust the volume of JAWS, you will need to go to the Windows Mixer.

Love in Christ
Marty
The Gospel is fully accessible to all.

Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 1:31 AM

Okay, I like that.

I knew I'd heard of some way of doing that?

So with the usb adapter, JaWS can't be heard by my zoom folks?  It can only be heard by me?

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 4:45 PM

You could use a USB sound card adapter to run JAWS through.  You can also set up Zoom to be on mute until you need to speak then press the Space bar to speak and release to be muted.  Just use JAWS when you are muted.

Love in Christ
Marty
The Gospel is fully accessible to all.

Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 3:36 PM

Subject: zoom equipment.

What do I have to buy in order to use jaws and zoom on my pc without people hearing jaws?

I'd like to use jaws without earphones and have people not hear jaws.

Thanks,

Justin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.