Re: New computer fun

Marty Hutchings

Dave,  Yes, the folder name is the same.  I did solve my problem.  Here is how i did it.  I opened Winamp and tried to open a play list from the Music folder on the D drive.  The song names did populate the Winamp play list editor, but nothing would play.  I then opened a new playlist and hit L to add songs.  I then saved this play list which did play fine.  I then opened the play list that I just created with Notepad and looked at the file path for each song.  I also opened one of my original play lists in Notpad and compaired the file paths.  I noticed that in the new play list, the file path started with \Music\ where the file path in the original playlist started with \Users\Marty\Music\.  I then deleted \Users\Marty\ from one of the songs and replaced the first \.  I then opened this play list in Winamp and what do you know?  The only song that would play was the one that I changed the file path.  I then opened all of my play list files in Notepad, selected \Users\Marty\, hit Control H for Replace and replaced the selected text with \ and chose Replace all and hit OK.  This fixed my problem.  I don't quite understand just how it did, but all is working now.

Thanks

Love in Christ

Marty

On 4/16/2021 11:16 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
Marty:

Does the name of the folder in which you keep your audio files and play lists on the D drive, have the same name as it did when it was located on the c drive?

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 2:59 AM
Subject: New computer fun

Hello everyone.  I have made the change from Windows 7 to a brand new Windows 10 machine with lots of bells and  whisels.  I have transferred all of my files to the D drive, which before, they were in the C drive.  Now for the fun part.  How do I get my playlists to play in Winamp?  I am running the most recent JAWS update.  The music files and the play list .M3U files are together in the same folder thatt they were on my old computer.  The Winamp program, however is on the C drive.  Is this my problem?

I have lots of other questions like how to get my contacts into Outlook 2016 or Windows Mail, but that is another thread.  Thanks in advanced for any hents.

Love in Christ

Marty

The Gospel is freely accessible to all.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.