Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: create a system image.

Hello Dave,

I’m glad that you got a chance to experiment with IFW.  But, if you are using a tried and true method of restoring your system after a possible catastrophic  failure  then it sounds like you already have all that you need.

However, It seems to me that since you did not test IFW in a real life situation IFW may never have got a chance to display some of the items in its menus that you say are missing.

Or, when you got to the place where the window was missing, Root Jaws to PC and arrow down and see the settings that you missed.  Hit the space bar on every thing that you want to check.  I always select byte by byte verification.

Features like swiping the drive before writing to the disk begins,  a completion alarm and turning off the PC when restoration has been finished and much much more are all right there when using Jaws.

I have used IFW for several years now for making image backups and doing image restorations.

Every single one of the items that you are concerned about are absolutely there.  Did you have a previously created IFW image for example, on a USB drive available for restoration?  Maybe IFW needed to see that.

Do you have access to a spare not important PC for an actual complete trial run?

Sorry for all of the questions but I was originally under the impression that you did not have a working solution for making and restoring your backed up images.  If you have a tried and true working method  that your are comfortable with, then that might be your best bet.

You take care,  and the best of luck,

James B