From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 10:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: if you were getting a new computer.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 01:34 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

So it would be nice to have enough RAM to have all them running at one time without rebooting, and simply alt tab between them, which is what I do now with VmWare, but with 8GB of RAM, having even two open at one time slows down my system.

-
Even if you gave each 12 GB of RAM, which would be very generous, the total would be 36 GB.  I'd never even go that high.  I'd be shocked if 16 GB to 24 GB would not be more than sufficient the way that memory management is handled, by all the OSes you name, these days.

64 GB is unlikely to ever be fully exploited, and that's under really, really heavy-duty use.

           ~ André Gide