moderated Re: kortana screen

Soronel Haetir

I am also not aware of any way to get rid of it in a normal way.
However if you are comfortable with regedit.exe, you can set/create a
DWORD value named AllowCortana with a value of 0 in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search

and that should prevent it from running in the future. You do have to
reboot (or maybe just log-out then back in) after making that change
for it to take effect. And note that I had to create the "Windows
Search" key in addition to the "" value AllowCortana.

On 4/16/21, Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com> wrote:
Juan.  I am afraid, and this is a personal thing of course, that the
only way it can be closed is for you to go to task manager, press k
until you encounter it, then press delete.  I've heard it can't be
closed the normal way because it is a floating window. Hopefully,
someone else might have a better solution though. Cheers!

On 16/4/2021 10:33 pm, Juan Hernandez wrote:

HI All,

I have this weird window that is called kortana where it has a edit
box to type stuff to her, and a voice button to enable speaking to
her.  I can’t seem to get rid of it though, it stays in my alt+tab
order.  Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Best,

Juan

--
Soronel Haetir