Re: if you were getting a new computer.

Randy Barnett

We are up to Gen 10 from Intel and they are solid CPU's for the money. I use I5's myself. I7 or higher CPU's are for high end gaming and video editing. I also prefer 16GB of RAM but 8 or 12 is plenty unless you do video or photo editing. An SSD is a must and 256GB is fine for the OS and programs. Of course big as you can afford is what I would suggest. I store all my media and personal data on a second drive. 4TB is what I have now in 2 machines and 2TB in the third. Onboard sound and video is more than enough unless of course you do video or audio editing. Then a dedicated video and or audio card is recommended. USB 3.1 is a must And a couple of type C connections should be considered.

On 4/14/2021 11:26 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all,

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim