moderated Re: create a system image.

James Bentley

Dave,

It’s been so many years since I used IFW to create a bootable recovery thumb drive , I do not remember all of the steps.

But, if an IFW user goes to the start menu and looks through the IFW menu , they will want to click on create an IFW recovery boot disk.  Note, you will get the option to create a bootable disk or a bootable thumb drive.  I do not remember exactly how it is worded.

I hope that Narrator is still incorporated in to their bootable recover disk.

One advantage to Image for Windows is their 30-day free trial version.

Note, there will be options to download Image for DOS, (IFD),

Image for Lennox, (IFL), and Image for Windows, (IFW), For modern PC’s I strongly recommend using IFW.

I believe that having an image back up stored away from your PC, for example, on an external drive that is not connected to your PC to be critical if you value your data.

If coming up with around forty dollars for IFW is a problem, one could always down load the free version of Macrium Reflect.  A visually impaired person can make the image backups.  And, they would just have to learn how to use one of the talking WinPE options to do a restoration  of their PC.

If worst comes to worst, one can just use the free version of Macrium Reflect to create your images and find sighted assistance if you need to restore your system.

Finding eye sight at 3 in the morning isn’t convenient but loosing all of your valuable data is far worse.

James B