moderated Re: New computer fun

JM Casey

Hey.

Yes, the problem is that the winamp playlist file is a text file that points to the paths where the files used to be. It’s not the same anymore, since the drives have switched.

I’m not sure there is really an easy way to change this that doesn’t involve going in there with a text editor.

You might be better off just recreating the playlists, honestly. But if this is an intolerable task, you could try find and replace in Word or some similar programme, maybe. Problem is that, since winamp and the files you want to play were previously on the same drive, it probably wont’ even show the drive letter on the playlist. Go open the m3u file in notepad and you’ll see what I mean.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: April 12, 2021 10:00 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: New computer fun

Hello everyone.  I have made the change from Windows 7 to a brand new Windows 10 machine with lots of bells and  whisels.  I have transferred all of my files to the D drive, which before, they were in the C drive.  Now for the fun part.  How do I get my playlists to play in Winamp?  I am running the most recent JAWS update.  The music files and the play list .M3U files are together in the same folder thatt they were on my old computer.  The Winamp program, however is on the C drive.  Is this my problem?

I have lots of other questions like how to get my contacts into Outlook 2016 or Windows Mail, but that is another thread.  Thanks in advanced for any hents.

Love in Christ

Marty

The Gospel is freely accessible to all.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.