moderated Re: email clients

Thomas N. Chan

Here's more on the search to top it up.
  If you did look at the advance search as we spoken, you can find a few things.
1. There's a search area which you tab once you hit ctrl - shift -f and tell where the search to find, default is subject field only, there's a few more like, subject field and message body and last is frequently used text field.
The above is what most or at least half of the users will use most of the time
2. You can even bring down more specific search, like  From, Send to, , time. I am yet to talk about more option which can select things like important, flag etc.
Trust me, if you can't remember the first choice I mentioned above, then the more option will not be much use. Play with it and you will get the driff of all the search function we all mention on this list.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 13:53, Thomas N. Chan via groups.io <thomas.nchan=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Once you hit ctrl - shift - f for advance search, make sure you browse to the right place to search.
You would hit alt - b and browser to the right place and hit space bar to check.
If you don't know where they are, find the your pst or  outlook data file. Make sure you select the parent all the way at the top.
tab again and select sub folder or something like that
It will now select all your folders within the outlook data file.
hit enter or tab to ok
Thats where you can now search for all folders for that particular email or items you are after.
Follow the previous email list member instruction and search for the item.
To browse on the result if or if you have not, hit f6
That will bring your focus  to it.

I know its a lot of to remember but once you do it often or do it a fewtimes, you know how to do it.
I have been using Outlook for  a long long time.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 10:28, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:

Thank you Sieghard and debby,

The Control with E is working for me.

I still do not know what I was doing wrong with the advance search but I just did around 5 searches and my words and phrases came right up.

*smiling,

James B