Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 01:36 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
The other problem may be a defective disk.
-
Which is the far more likely scenario.   I have not seen an external USB backup drive that does not come formatted and ready to go at plug-in for longer than I can remember now.

I'd be returning it for replacement since it is misbehaving out of the box.  And I've dealt with a lot of WD Passport series drives.

            ~Brian Vogel