moderated Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Yes, This is disk manager That I memtioned. just typing that or disk manager in the windows search works also.

On 4/9/2021 5:16 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:

I'm a big fan of Windows Run commands. You can press the Windows key + r to open a run command window and type diskmgmt.msc in the text box and press enter to bring up a file explorer window with your connected disk drives listed. You can shift F10 on any drive listed to bring up a context menu where you can assign drive letters, etc.

Good luck.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 6:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

This is an outside shot, but I'm only suggesting this as something to check.

There's a setting that if turned on hides empty drives.

While in File Explorer press, Alt + F, then press the letter, O, to open Change folder and search options.

Control + tab to the View tab / page.

Tab a couple of times to the Advanced setting tree view.

Press the letter, H, 2 times I believe, to land on, Hide empty drives.  If Jaws reports this as, On , press the spacebar to turn it off.

Now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.