Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: Cannot find my new external hard disk

Hi Mike.  I don't know if his drive is an SSd or a mechanical one, but the SSD drives nowadays are completely silent, so using our ears when we need too is a challenge.  The only thing we can depend on is when Windows itself plays a connected sound to tell us if the disk has been connected and available for use.  Cheers!

On 10/4/2021 10:00 am, Mike B wrote:

When you plug the drive in, can you feel the drive and tell if it's running / spinning?  Have you tried plugging the drive into a different USB port?

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.