moderated Re: email clients

James & Alan,

          I'm curious to hear some specific examples from you.  I absolutely will not deny the seemingly endless stream of new bells and whistles from Microsoft and others, but with the sole exception of the introduction of the ribbon interface (and even then, only for a subset of commands), I haven't encountered many keyboard shortcuts change at all.  The "old standards" have been the same quite literally for as long as I can remember, and the Windows commands that form the core of many programs (e.g., Save, Save As, the navigation dialog for both, Open, etc.) have been, too.

           There is very seldom, in my experience, any shakeup in existing shortcuts secondary to new additions to the UI, whatever those additions may be.  Note well I said seldom, not absolutely never.

            ~Brian Vogel