From: Greg Loux [mailto:GLoux@TacitIS.net]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 8:04 AM
Subject: email clients
Here is my opinion:

I don't think all webmail clients should be generalized as being good.
Gmail has improved significantly over recent years but, for example, the
Comcast/Xfinity webmail interface is horrible, with ads being shown in
two areas and frequent changes to default settings.

A number of my clients use multiple e-mail services.  I recommend
Outlook, because of its consistency and accessibility across different
mail systems (via IMAP/SMTP)...

Outlook can be acquired separately, as part of an Office 365
subscription (which Microsoft prefers), and as part of an Office Home &
Business or Office Professional suite purchase.

I configure Outlook with an additional Hotmail.com account (Outlook.com
would work too) and that (Exchange connection) enables my Outlook
contacts and calendar to be synchronized with my iPhone contacts and
calendar.  I don't use my Hotmail account for mail.

-Greg Loux