moderated Re: email clients

Brian,

Thanks for your knowledge and comments about updates. That is why I'm on these lists to get the benefit of others who know a lot more than I do on these things. I'll be more open-minded than I have been in the past as I transition from my old computer running Windows 7 to my new computer with Windows 10 and the version of Office Pro I select.

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 8:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: email clients

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 08:24 PM, Judy wrote:

Alan, can you still purchase office 2019?

-
One can, but if you're under the impression that this means you don't get updates, you're mistaken.

Office has been "self-updating" at least since Office 2016, possibly Office 2013.

And, as an IT professional (and taking accessibility into account), I fear the lack of updates far more than I fear updates.  As has been pointed out, when an update breaks something it's usually patched by another update in short order.

Automatic updating is a fact of life and, in the big picture, a godsend, warts and all.

            ~Brian Vogel