Re: email clients

Alan,

           The amount of "exposure" is really pretty much dependent on how much you directly interact with cyberspace with any of these programs.  It's entirely possible to almost entirely avoid interacting with cyberspace with programs like Word or Excel (or PowerPoint or Publisher, too).  But the same cannot be said of any e-mail client or web browser.  This is why I limit my real concern for those two classes of program for the most part.

            And the need for constantly upgraded security (which means updates) is never going away.  If anything, the pace is increasing.  Just today, on BleepingComputer, is an article about the latest, greatest breach:  Microsoft's Windows 10, Exchange, and Teams hacked at Pwn2Own.  There's always the next very clever nefarious actor that you need to thwart.  It's an endless cat and mouse game.

            ~Brian Vogel