moderated Re: Latest JAWS update causing all grammatical, spelling errors to be announced

Richard Turner

In my experience, and I think others as well, it is best to go to the web site and download the file and install it, rather than using the update from with in Jaws.

I’ve had no problems doing it that way while those who seem to have problems have updated from within the Jaws update.

Puzzling,

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lindy
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 7:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Latest JAWS update causing all grammatical, spelling errors to be announced

Hi
I am using eloquence and although going into settings followed by text processing and then proofing didn't work, I then tried directly with the Word program. I went into options,  and control tab to proofing and unchecked things under there. Voila - it worked and I was getting these plus word count, repeated headings etc. I don't know what I did but the only conscious change that I had made was to download and install the JAWS update directly using the update notification

Thanks All for your suggestions

cheers

Lindy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.