moderated Re: email clients

Steven Hicks

Hi,

I would agree, you can also use various tools to customise the web client to make it easier e.g. JAWS and place markers and also some simple scripting can help create shortcuts to things.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 05 April 2021 22:00
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: email clients

I'll be the contrarian and throw out there that if all you're looking for is e-mail, and you are already using a Gmail account (as but one example), the webmail interfaces are accessible.  There are a number of members here who've mentioned that this is what they use.

Most of the major webmail interfaces allow you to add additional accounts that are not "their brand," too.

Webmail interfaces seldom undergo radical makeovers, and the small changes that do occur over time are generally easy to adjust to.

Thunderbird is an excellent email client.  The last several versions of eM Client have been getting more and more accessible, and they take feedback from screen reader users seriously.

            ~Brian Vogel