moderated Re: jaws 2021 sound and speech problems.

Have you checked if any Enhancements are turned on, easiest way to get to this is to go to Control Panel > Sounds, then select  your soundcard and go to Properties, here you have several tabs likes this:

General, Levels, Enhancements, AdvancedSpacial Sound

Depending on your card you may or may not have all of these or maybe they are called slightly different things, for me under enhancements I have "Base Boost" and another options "disable all enhancements", if you have this and it is not checked I would try and check it, then tab to Apply and activate it, then OK. If you have a spacial Sound tab also check there and once again I would recommend you check it is set to Off.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick Murphy
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2021 sound and speech problems.

Hi,

The sound card sounds like it has a sore throat, for want of a better explanation.

No matter what card I select, the result is the same.

Anyway, I think I am going to have to get an engineer out to look at the machine.

Now, adobe dc reader is not scrolling, the web browsers are reading things that are not on screen etc.

I did a complete reinstall of windows on Saturday, but the problems have gotten progressively worse in the last two days.

I am beginning to think,that the mother board is damaged.

The machine is unger warranty with del, so hopefully, they will send someone out, or replace the machine.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pat

Sent from my gmail account.