moderated Re: jaws 2021 sound and speech problems.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Pat. As far as turning off JAWS verbalizing how many items in a folder or on the desktop,
1. If you want to turn off this behavior for all folders and the desktop,
2. Press JAWS key plus the number six on the numbers row.
3. Press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus D to load the Default JAWS configuration file.
4. If you only want to turn off JAWS verbalizing how many items for the current application, skip step 3.
5. Open Text Processing.
6. Open Speech Verbocity.
7. Open Configure Verbocity levels.
8. Press SPACE on Beginner level.
9. Arrow down to Position Information, and uncheck it.
10. TAB to OK, and press SPACE.
11. TAB to Apply, and press SPACE.
12. TAB to OK, and press SPACE.
13. Now JAWS should no longer verbalize the number of items in folders or the desktop.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Murphy
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 12:28 PM
Subject: jaws 2021 sound and speech problems.
The subject of this email is probably not worded right.
I have had to completely reset my del pc, because of sound card problems.
Since fully reinstalling windows, my sound card is speaking like it has a throat problem!!
I have tried using the windows default, and the realtec speakers.
Anyway, there is no difference.
The sound card looks like it is changing, but there is no difference in the actual sound.
Two days of resetting the pc!!!
Anyway to get to my point:
When I am moving through items in a folder, jaws is saying “1 of 5” or “2 of 5” etc.
Is there some way to turn this off?
I know I asked this before, but I can’t find my own topics.
On this, when I log into the group via the web, can anyone tell me, how to get a list of my own topics?
I can’t seem to find it under my account or something like that.
How can I start a topic online?
Any ideas about the sound cards?
If it makes any difference, jaws wants to add a configuration for “shcore” when I run the settings centre.
I have learned, that this is some sort of “dll” file in windows 10, although why it is using my desktop is a mistery.
Sorry if this is rambling.
Have a good one and stay safe,
Sent from my gmail account.