moderated Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faceID reader?

Soronel Haetir

My problem with the fingerprint scanner has nothing to do with setting
it up (that part went fine), it's just that whether it works for
actual login is very hit-or-miss and it doesn't seem to matter how
often I clean the thing or how carefully I position my finger.

On 4/4/21, Jessica D <jldail13@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi,

I’m not sure. It just didn’t say anything at that particular stage, so I got
sighted help, & got it setup.
It works amazingly well.

Thanks,
Jessica
On Apr 4, 2021, at 2:46 AM, Phillip Gross <phillip_gross@outlook.com> wrote:

Okay, a couple of things. I had been using a Surface Book with Face ID for
a couple of years. I had some trouble with it depending on sun glasses,
angle of the screen, etc. I recently got a computer with a fingerprint
reader and I like it much better. Something that helps with both of them is
to go into settings after the computer is scanned up and do another setup of
your finger or your face while using a better screen reader than narrator.

To the original poster, what was the problem with narrator and the
fingerprint reader. I have set up windows multiple times with a fingerprint
reader and it will always say to lift my finger and to place it back down.
Then it will tell me to move my finger around while lifting it and placing
it.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com