moderated Re: Using Outlook and the people app with Gmail vs. Win 10 mail

Jim Weiss

Brian,
Thank you so much for all of your assistance and for recommending this app.  I hit a couple of minor hiccups but everything is working as advertised.  I did see the note below on their page, and I may be forced to use the people app anyhow in the coming months.

We need your help to migrate our code from the Contacts API to the new People API. The Google Contacts API is now deprecated and is scheduled for sunset on June 15, 2021.

Regards,
Jim

On Mar 31, 2021, at 1:34 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Jim,

         By the way, if you go to https://myaccount.google.com/security once you are logged in to your account there is a section on that page entitled Third-Party Apps with Account Access.  If your GO Contact Sync Mod install went without a hitch, it should show up there.  The last time I actually installed that utility I was forced to go through Google's OAUTH setup to allow it to get to my Contacts to begin with.  Also, make sure that within GO Contact Sync Mod that you have automatic sync set up for whatever interval you prefer and that it is set to start with Windows.  It's a utility that has to run in the background, with it's icon showing up in the system tray (usually in the overflow area accessed via the notification chevron) if you want it to be constantly monitoring changes.

          Depending on what contacts you may or may not have manually created in Outlook, you may also need to tweak the settings in GO Contact Sync Mod to decide "which side wins" in the event of a duplicate or whether the two sides should be merged together.

            ~Brian Vogel