moderated Re: Using Outlook and the people app with Gmail vs. Win 10 mail

Jim,

By the way, if you go to https://myaccount.google.com/security once you are logged in to your account there is a section on that page entitled Third-Party Apps with Account Access.  If your GO Contact Sync Mod install went without a hitch, it should show up there.  The last time I actually installed that utility I was forced to go through Google's OAUTH setup to allow it to get to my Contacts to begin with.  Also, make sure that within GO Contact Sync Mod that you have automatic sync set up for whatever interval you prefer and that it is set to start with Windows.  It's a utility that has to run in the background, with it's icon showing up in the system tray (usually in the overflow area accessed via the notification chevron) if you want it to be constantly monitoring changes.

Depending on what contacts you may or may not have manually created in Outlook, you may also need to tweak the settings in GO Contact Sync Mod to decide "which side wins" in the event of a duplicate or whether the two sides should be merged together.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

There are many who labor under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built. Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.

~Brian Vogel

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.