moderated Re: Question regarding either of these options.

Madison Martin

How do I get to my drive’s properties?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: March 30, 2021 10:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question regarding either of these options.

Maddison:

From anywhere within Windows, press WINDOWS KEY+E, and File Explorer will open.

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:07 PM

How do I get to file explorer?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: March 29, 2021 8:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi JM,

The default setting is to check the drive once a month, at least that's what it was on my Windows 10 Pro system using a solid state drive, but it can be changed to weekly or turned off.

To check / change the defrag settings open File Explorer and highlight your OS drive.

Open the drive's properties and, control + tab to the, Tools, page.

Tab to, optimize and defrag... button, and press the spacebar.  You'll find a list of drives and their status will be reported if you arrow from drive to drive

You tab to find more options like analyze, optimize, schedule on or off, frequency of optimizing / defragging.  In order to get to scheduling / frequency settings you have to spacebar the, change settings button.

I know I'm missing a thing or 2, but to see what is there go into the drive properties and take a look around on the Tools page / tab.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.