Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Question regarding either of these options.

That’s also what my computer guy said, to never ever defragment an SSD but to leave the computer on at all times.

On Mar 29, 2021, at 12:42 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Albert. As far as I know, these maintenance procedures must be done manually, unless you schedule them through the task scheduler. If it were me, I would do the disk cleanup, which would delete any unneeded files before defragging. This would result in a tighter defrag. I have also heard that it is unnecessary, and sometimes detrimental to perform a defrag on a SSD drive.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...