moderated Re: Question regarding either of these options.

Ashleigh Piccinino

That’s also what my computer guy said, to never ever defragment an SSD but to leave the computer on at all times.

On Mar 29, 2021, at 12:42 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Albert. As far as I know, these maintenance procedures must be done manually, unless you schedule them through the task scheduler. If it were me, I would do the disk cleanup, which would delete any unneeded files before defragging. This would result in a tighter defrag. I have also heard that it is unnecessary, and sometimes detrimental to perform a defrag on a SSD drive.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 10:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question regarding either of these options.

Good afternoon everyone,

Does windows ten, have a utility built into it that will automatically do both a disk defrag, and a disk cleanup on a weekly schedule, or do you have too do it yourself?  If not, which one do you have too do first.  In other words, should I do a disk  defrag first, and then do a disk cleanup second

Thanks in advance,

Al   ? Which one comes first.