moderated Re: Question regarding either of these options.

Gerald Levy

There are a couple of ways you can determine what kind of local drive is inside your computer.  If it contains a hard drive, you should be able to feel or hear it spinning when you place your hand or ear on the enclosure.  If it contains an SSD, there will be no mechanical noise of any kind because there is no motor or cooling fan.  You could also check the properties of your local drive by focusing on it on the desktop and pressing alt-enter to bring up the properties page.  Sometimes, you can tell from the properties whether the drive is an HD or SSD.  But if you want to be absolutely certain what type of drive your computer has, download and install a free utility called Belarc Advisor that will create a profile of your computer and provide the model number and other information about its local drive, which should be helpful:

https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor

Gerald

On 3/29/2021 1:58 PM, John Doering wrote:

Hello:

Is there a way to tell if you have a SSD drive?

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063