moderated Re: Whats app navigation

Faraz

On 29-Mar-2021, at 11:10 AM, Faraz via groups.io <faraz.aqureshi@...> wrote:

Hello I just installed the scripts today. You far may refer to the youtube video title WhatsApp scripts for blinds and use the download links given in video description.
On 28-Mar-2021, at 7:55 PM, Jed Barton <jedbarton@...> wrote:

Hey there, I couldn't download the tampermonkey thing for firefox.  It
said that the page was no longer available.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jed

On 3/28/21, Faraz <faraz.aqureshi@...> wrote:
hello, i've managed to install the script file some how but, when i
launch the scripts short keys are not working properly. for example.
after launching scripts if i press alt+c its took me to the google crome
manue instead of chat list. any solution for that ?

best,

Faraz.

On 25/03/2021 9:13 pm, Sameer wrote:

Pasting below a mail regarding scrips for Whatzapp Web which I
received from another list. The scrips work with JAWS.

Hello everyone! in this article  I will  speak a little about
accessibility and usability, specificly on Whatsapp Web, and sharing a
script, users of screen
reader, can work on   Whatsapp by the computer with more autonomy,
practicality and confidence.

The informations about the script and its installation are bellow: :

To use the scripts, it is necessary to have the extension Tampermonkey
for your browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft
Edge ou Safari).
After that, just access the script, which will be recognized by
Tampermonkey, and click on install.

WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility

After installing the script for Whatsapp Web,
WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility, when accessing the app, you must
wait for the application to load and then
use the shortcut ALT + S. If the script is deactivated, the message:
Script activated successfully will be displayed; if the script is
already activated,
an alert will be given with the message Script disabled. When you
deactivate it, all elements and shortcuts created by it will be
removed, except the activation
and deactivation shortcut.

Added elements and labels

With WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility enabled, the following
modifications will be applied:
• Before the panel with the chat list there will be a level 1 header
H1 to facilitate navigation via the screen reader, by pressing the 'h'
key or the
number '1' in the navigation mode;
• After opening a chat, at the beginning of the contact / group area
there will be a level 2 H2
header, with the label "Active chat + CONTACT / GROUP NAME", which can
be accessed by pressing the 'h' key or number 2 in browse mode;
• The emogi buttons will be labeled above the message writing field in
the footer;
• After the message writing field, there will be a button with the
label "Record voice message" if the text field is clear, or "Send text
message" if it
is filled;
• When you click on the "Record Voice Message" button, a "Cancel
recording" button, the recording time and another button with the
label "Send voice message"
will appear below the message field;

Shortcut keys

After enabling WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility, the following
shortcut keys are available:
• ALT + a: focus on the options for choosing the type of attachment to
be sent in the active chat;
• ALT + B: focus on the search field and label it as "Search chat and
contacts ...";
• ALT + C: focus on the chat list;
• ALT + E: puts the focus on the message writing field and labels it
"Write a message (name of the active chat)";
• ALT + L: opens an options box to select the language of the script
(Portuguese, English or Spanish), after pressing the 'enter' key in
the desired option,
the script messages will be in that language;
• ALT + M: puts the focus on the message list of the active chat;
• ALT + S: activate and deactivate the script;
• ALT + T: speak the title of the active chat.
NOTE: sometimes NVDA does not go into focus mode automatically when
using shortcuts, so you may need to put it in focus mode with the
shortcut NVDA + space
bar. Other keys can be configured as the NVDA key, but by default it
is 'Insert'.

Links bellow:

TamperMonkey for  Google Chrome:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyGoogleChro...

TamperMonkey for  Mozilla Firefox:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyMozillaFir...

TamperMonkey for  Microsoft Edge:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyMicrosoftEdge,

TamperMonkey for Opera:
https://bit.ly/TamperMonkeyOpera-EN_US,

Script WhatsappWebWithMoreAccessibility:
https://bit.ly/WhatsappWebWithMoreAcc...

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

On 25-03-2021 05:43 pm, Klaus Vielhauer wrote:
Hello

I have "whatsapp web" on my windows PC installed.

Although this is a official windows program Most of the tasks seem
not accessable with Jaws and some of the buttons are not labelled.

Are there any shortcut keys?

I was able to compose a message but So far I was not able to access
the send button.

Reaching received messages is also a real challenge - at least for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Klaus

--

With best regards,