moderated Re: Jaws crashing

Dan Longmore

Hi,

Yes, this is a new issue for 2021.  JAWS just quits.  In my case it occurs with Office and a Bible software program.  More interesting is that JAWS does not auto restart.  I have to use the hot keys to get speech again.

I am sure the issue is also frustrating for JAWS developers as there are so many configurations and software interactions that it is impossible to prevent all failures.  Yet I hope that future versions will address crashes that occur with mainstream, standard, programs.

Dan  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 10:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws crashing

I uninstalled Jaws2021 and reinstalled it and the crashes still occur. FS provided me with scripts that update the registry to capture the crashes. I then use FS support to email FS the files. EVerytime one occurs I send them an email. I want them to see this is a problem.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2021 7:44 AM

Jaws has a talking installer which is what kicks in if you uninstall it. I Have never found a problem with uninstalling Jaws while Jaws was running, but of course turning it off and starting Narrator is a very valid way to also do this.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Why would you need to uninstall Jaws while it is running.  You can turn  on narrator and uninstall Jaws.

CH

On 3/20/2021 20:13, kevin meyers wrote:

I did two times on different days.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 6:33 PM

Have you tried a JAWS repair?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 6:00 PM

Subject: Jaws crashing

Hello,

I sent out an email last week about Jaws2021 constantly crashing. I called tech support, they tried a few things and then said I need to email tech support. I sent an email and got the reply “call 727-803-8600 as there are to many variables. I sent back an email saying I already talk to live support and they told me to email support. Okay now what? Is it possible to uninstall Jaws while it is running and then reinstall it? Anything else I might want to try? Sounds like tech support doesn’t want to do anything.

Thanks,

Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.