moderated Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faced reader?

Marie

At first, it says “Looking for you” then it says “Making sure it is you.” Then you will hear Jaws or whatever your screen reader uses as an alert. I find it works much more consistently than the finger print on my Lenovo laptop.
But, if it does not recognize you, it will prompt you for a pin number or if you tab to login options, you can choose how you want to proceed.
Marie

Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 8:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faced reader?

Marie,

I am curious as to what a screen reader announces, or does not announce, when Windows Hello is set up to use facial recognition on a machine that supports it.

If memory serves when this is chosen as the verification method there is nothing the user has to do but sit in front of the computer.  The camera, even if it's off normally, will be activated to view the face and a match will either be made, and you log in, or not.  I imagine if it doesn't recognize you that there'd have to be some sort of screen reader output to that effect.  But if you are recognized, I don't know whether it just logs you in or whether some sort of "You're verified" message is announced and the login proceeds.

I have a machine with a fingerprint reader but none with facial recognition.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.