moderated Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faced reader?

Joe

I am sorry that I did not make my position clear. I have used face ID in the past for my customers and have found the experience variable. The reason you might find it reliable most of the time is the fact that you are using a Microsoft product. I do use Fusion personally and on my ThinkPad Yoga it was hit or miss. The finger print reader was more reliable but fails at times as well. As someone said in this thread if face id or the finger print reader does not work you can always use the Pin Code. It is important to remember that opinions  on this list are the experience of the user and not to be taken as gospel . Thank you for making me make my answer more clear. Just goes to show you should think before you touch those keys.

Joe

Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT

Phone: 616.951.2142

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 11:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faced reader?

Please don’t take offense. since you don’t use face ID, you should not give advice such as this. I use it on my Surface Pro7 and it is almost 100% accurate. In the case that it might not work the first time, you set up a pin number to enter much like you would use a passcode on an IPhone.

Actually, I find it much better than face ID on the phone. And it works very well in low light.

Marie

Fr: Joe

Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 7:12 AM

Subject: Re: using a pc with a fingerprint/faced reader?

Congratulations on the new laptop. I do not know about face ID and the response of Jaws to it.  I would not use it since it would possibly be less reliable depending on the lighting conditions and other factors.

Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT

Phone: 616.951.2142

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 8:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: using a pc with a fingerprint/faceID reader?

Good morning,

I just purchased a new laptop.

It’s a Lenovo IdeaPad & has both touch& face ID.

When I got to the point during setup, where it asked me to scan my finger, for touch ID, narrator didn’t say anything, so I needed sighted assistance.

Butt when its ready for me to login, Jaws says, “scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.”

Would it do the same with face ID?

Thanks,

Jessica

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.