moderated Jaws Dictionary annoyance

David Griffith

There is a constant dictionary annoyance  which I find with Jaws.

So for example Eloquence on Jaws  will mis-pronounce a name like Shostakovic. I amended this in my Jaws dictionary tonight to Shosta co vic to make it approximate to something like the correct pronunciation

.

However in practice this is not enough, because if Shostakovic is followed by a full stop. A comma, a colon then the    amended pronunciation will not work for me. This means that for every word I want to put in the Jaws dictionary has to be entered at least 4 time.

The first time without any punctuation, the next 3 times with a full stop, a comma, and a colon.

Depending on what I am trying to read I sometimes have to add the word 6  times to the dictionary because you have to also include version of the word with a question mark and exclamation mark and so on.

I assume that there is nothing I can do to avoid this annoyance at this time but surely it is not too great a coding challenge for VFO to make the Jaws pronunciation dictionary just a little more intelligent and smart and less dumb?

David Griffith

.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10