moderated Re: Windows 10 calculator refuse to display the answer

Richard Turner

Thanks for this Brian.

Note that when you run the .exe file, it is defaulting to conversion rther than simple calculations, though they work.

It also doesn’t speak but it shows up nicely on a braille display.  With Jaws you can just read the current line to get the result, pretty easy.

To change the setting, hit alt+v and I find choosing standard and/or classic works very nicely.

I obviously haven’t tested it extensively, but this is way better than the Windows 10 app with Jaws.

Unless the solution of nuking your settings that was mentioned makes the Windows 10 calculator work as advertised in the Jaws 2021 latest update….?

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 6:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 10 calculator refuse to display the answer

I realize this does not answer your question, but it does present another option should you prefer it.  I am not a huge fan of the Win10 calculator app, preferring the more "old-school" calculator.  I archived the installer for Microsoft Calculator Plus on my Google Drive quite a while back.

It's another option, and it neither removes nor replaces the Win10 Calculator App when installed.  It's what I keep on my taskbar as the calculator of choice.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.