moderated Re: Windows 10 calculator refuse to display the answer
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I had this issue and it was caused by a corrupt migration of settings from JAWS 2020 to JAWS 2021. Here are the steps to fix the problem from FS support.
1. Go to JAWS Insert + J
2. Go to the Utilities option
3. Right arrow to expand.
4. Down arrow to Explore Utilities folder and press Enter.
5. Down arrow to Explore My Settings and press Enter
6.Press Insert + T you should hear Enu.
7. If this is true then do Ctrl + A to select all.
8. Press Delete then Enter
9. Close JAWS and Relaunch JAWS.
10. After relaunching JAWS when asked if you want to migrate user settings tab to no and press Enter.
11. Let us know if you still have problems.
I think what is happening is we are migrating corruption and this will allow us to start over with default settings.
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Munn
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:58 AM
Subject: Windows 10 calculator refuse to display the answer
hi all, I hope y'all have a nice day. i'm sending this email just want to ask y'all a question. Recently I experienced a problem windows 10 calculator. Everytime when I use it, it refuse to display the answers via Braille and speech output. I don't know if y'all had experienced this issue before. I'm using the latest update of Jaws 2021 Screenreader.