This is poor design of the message itself, I am not sure Jaws could do
much about it -- do other screen readers do the same thing? I have
seen this myself on messages from certain companies.
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:32:33 -0400,
Madison Martin wrote:
Because I find quite often when I click on a link I get taken to the subject of
the message and not the webpage that the link is supposed to be for.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: March 22, 2021 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: changing the view of messages within Outlook
Hi again, Madison. May I ask you a question?
Why do you want to change the view or format of the html messages? are they
being displayed as tables? if so, the following may be of interest to you.
If Emails Read As Tables
1. Open Outlook.
2. Press JAWS key plus six on the numbers row for JAWS Settings.
3. Arrow down to Web / HTML / PDFs, and Right Arrow to open.
4. Arrow down to Reading, and Right Arrow to open.
5. Arrow down to Web Verbosity Level, Medium.
6. Arrow down to Configure Web Verbosity Levels, Right Arrow to open.
7. Arrow down to medium... and press SPACE BAR to open configuration.
8. Arrow down to Table Or Grid and make sure it is unchecked. (It is easier to
press the END key and Arrow up to Table Or Grid.
9. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 11:14 AM
Subject: changing the view of messages within Outlook
How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail
options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in
which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10
and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
you spend it?
John Covici wb2una