moderated Re: Problems with the system trey after updating video drivers on a laptop.

Dan Longmore

Interesting, I will need to check this out, currently using Nvidia.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of david Jennette
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 7:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problems with the system trey after updating video drivers on a laptop.

Thanks for the information. Who knows what causes the issue. are the computers by any chance using Invidia drivers? The laptop this is happening on is using both intel and Invidia drivers so I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the Invidia driver. My desktop uses the Intel drivers only and has no issues.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 6:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problems with the system trey after updating video drivers on a laptop.

Hi,

Yes, I have had this issue for some time and more than one version of JAWS.  Occurs on my desktop and laptop.

Sometimes F11 works fine and other times not so well.  I find that if I try a 2nd time it often works.

Sorry no fixes here or particular reason just to let you know you’re not alone with this one.

Dan

From: main@... <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of david Jennette
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 5:53 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Problems with the system trey after updating video drivers on a laptop.

Hello. I seem to be having a problem with the system tray dialog in jaws 2021. When I press insert f11 I do get the list of items but when I press enter on one of them, the system right clicks somewhere on the desktop instead of the system trey and the item I have selected. It’s as if I’m right clicking on an empty spot on the desktop instead of the item I’m wanting to right click on in the system tray. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how was it fixed or could it be fixed. Thanks

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.