moderated Re: question about importing with Gmail

Hmm, I'm definitely glad that back around 2008 or 2009 when I switched from my ISP's email (POP at that time) I decided to go with what then was Hotmail and what is now Outlook.com.

Setting up an Outlook.com account (basically Exchange) syncs everything, mail, contacts, calendar etc.) and I just find it more convenient and always liked it better than Gmail.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: question about importing with Gmail

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:09 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

if Gmail is set up correctly in Outlook as an IMAP account won't the contacts sync?

-
No.  They don't even import at the outset.  Outlook completely separates mail, contacts, and calendar.  It's not unlike how Windows 10 separates mail (Mail App), contacts (People App), and Calendar.  Setting up IMAP email in the Mail App doesn't create any connection to contacts related to the same account.  I wrote a tutorial quite a while back about how to export contacts from the original source, import into Outlook.com, then get those over to the Win10 People App.

These utilities, like most, did not just spring up, unbidden, but to address an unaddressed need.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow